FINEZ WARRANTY POLICY
Finez Furniture & Interior (Pvt) Limited, having its registered address at No. 23, Nugegoda Road, Pepiliyana (“Finez”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is managing and operating the website www.finez.lk through which it inter alia facilitates the sale of its products (“Products”) to the users of the website.
Upon your acceptance of terms and conditions as set out under this policy (“Warranty Policy”), we provide this warranty to you that the Products will be free from manufacturing defects and defects in design and workmanship (“Warranty”).
1. GENERAL WARRANTY CONDITIONS
The warranty provided under this warranty policy shall commence from the date of the product delivery to the customer.
1.1 SOLID WOOD PRODUCTS
All locally manufactured solid wood products will have the following warranty conditions.
- A warranty period of 5 years against poor quality of timber and manufacturing defects.
1.2 SOFAS & OTHER UPHOLSTERED PRODUCTS
All locally manufactured fabric sofa products and upholstered products will have the following warranty conditions.
- A warranty period of 5 years for wooden structure and leg framework.
- A warranty period of 1 year for fabric and PVC upholstery work.
- A warranty period of 1 year for foam and cushioning.
- A warranty period of 1 year for genuine leather.
- A warranty period of 1 year for stitching.
1.3 OTHER PRODUCTS
All other products will have the following warranty conditions.
- A warranty period of 1 year for furniture manufactured in melamine, laminated boards, plywood, veneer or MDF.
- A warranty period of 1 year for structures manufactured in stainless steel or iron.
- A warranty period of 1 year for quartz, granite or marble worktops.
- A warranty period of 1 year for wall mosaics.
- A warranty period of 1 year for furniture accessories (handles, pull out units, railings, locks, hinges, light fittings etc)
No international warranty is offered to any Finez items exported.
- First and foremost, should you notice a manufacturing defect, it is important that you promptly notify Finez within a period of 3 days from noticing the defect.
- This Warranty is non-transferrable and to be eligible for this warranty, you must present a valid invoice issued by Finez as and when requested by us or our representative(s).
- Any modifications or alterations made to the products other than an authorized representative of Finez will void the entire warranty.
- The warranty provided is a limited warranty and it lasts for the number of years stated against each product from the date of the delivery note.
3. FINEZ RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to the conditions listed on the respective product details page and during the warranty period, Finez at its discretion would;
- Repair the damaged product.
- Replace the damaged product with a new product.
- Refund to you the purchase price of the damaged product, as per the following conditions;
- In case of repairing any damaged Product under this Warranty, we will pick up the damaged product from the address where such product was delivered and after repairing, we will deliver the repaired product back to the original delivery address. However, upon your request and at our discretion, we may agree to deliver the repaired product at an address other than the original product delivery address.
- Replacement of the damaged product will also be delivered to the address where such damaged product was originally delivered. At the time of delivery, we will collect the damaged product as well. However, at our discretion and upon your request, we may agree to ship the replaced product at an address other than the original product delivery address.
- Refunds, if any, in case of pre-paid orders, shall be credited to the same account through which the original order for the product(s) and its payment thereof, was made. A valid refund claim under the warranty policy shall only be processed upon successful pick up of the damaged product by us.
This Warranty does not cover following type of damages;
- Products that have been stored or assembled incorrectly, misused, altered, used inappropriately or cleaned using wrong cleaning methods & chemicals.
- Normal wear and tear, cuts, scratches or damages caused by impacts (natural or human) accidents or transport by outsiders.
- Consequential incidental damages, damages due to natural disaster, water, floods, sea spray etc.
- Exposure of products (excluding outdoor furniture) to direct sunlight or in humid environments or usage of products for non-domestic purposes (unless otherwise stated).
- Improper handling or if the furniture is used for any purpose other than the intended purpose.
- Minor variations from product to product due to its craftsmanship and/or the use of natural materials.
- Damages caused due to negligence due to spilling of solvents, dyes, corrosive materials and bodily fluids such as sweat, urine etc.
- Wood furniture will have one or more of the following characteristics, which are not considered quality defects: variations in grain and color, knots, mineral streaks, and/or pitch pockets.
- Mineral streaking and color variation should be expected (and desired) and are not warranted for marble and granite worktops.
- Furniture Warranty does not cover expansion, contractions or effects of extreme high/low humidity.
- Warranty does not cover darkening of wood or finish, stains of changes in colour/texture, which occurs naturally over time.
At the point of claiming the warranty Finez will examine the product and decide whether it is within the warranty period. Thereafter Finez will either repair or replace the defective product (at its discretion). Any defective parts removed in the course of repair remains the property of Finez
Finez’s decision shall be final with respect to nature of defect and applicability of Warranty.
This Warranty does not cover following type of damages;
- Finez shall not, under any circumstance, whether as a result of breach of contract or warranty, tort, or otherwise, be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including loss of profits or revenues or any other costs or damages.
- This Warranty shall not in any manner extend to personal injury and/ or death caused by the User’s own negligence or omissions.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, the remedies in this warranty are your sole and exclusive remedies and Finez’s total liability, relating to or arising out of your purchase or use of Product or damage thereto, regardless of the type or cause of such damage or the characterization of the claim asserted (whether in contract or tort), shall not under any circumstances exceed the Product’s purchase price as on the invoice.
- Minor imperfections in the Product that broadly meet design specifications, or imperfections that do not materially alter the Product’s functionality; and
- Claims arising out of the Product’s dissimilarity with the images appearing on the Platform.
- You are required to satisfy yourself regarding the suitability of the Product before making any purchase. Finez does not make any representation or warranty as to the suitability of the Product for any particular use.
- Finez is not liable to fulfill any responsibility in case of an invalid or wrongful warranty claim. Finez makes no assurance, representation or warranty that the replaced product will be identical or similar to the product you purchased. Finez reserves the right to be the sole judge as to whether the product is a damaged product and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Finez further reserves the right to charge the claimant for any reasonable and applicable costs and expenses (at prevailing rates) relating to or arising out of the repair or replacement of the Product.
- In the event that a specific set of warranty(s) for any product or service is provided by a third party i.e. by a manufacturer of the product that is offered on www.finez.lk website or a third party from whom the product has originated or a third party service provider, such warranty claims are amongst and between the third party and you. Finez shall not be liable or responsible for any such warranty(s). We do not take any obligation to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and such third party.
6. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
This Warranty Policy shall be governed by laws of Sri Lanka and all claims arising from this Warranty Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Sri Lanka.
Finez reserves the right to modify or amend the terms and conditions herein due to change(s) in availability of services, Products and/ or spare parts or for the purposes of complying with applicable policies, rules, regulations and law, with or without notice.
8. CONTACT US
If you want to make a Warranty claim during the Warranty Period, please contact our customer support team at the details provided below, along with the invoice and Product details, who will assist you with the Warranty claim process:
Contact Number - 0117 110 084, 0774 456 602
Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org